Hello there!I'm Sonja, a fashion loving Dutchie living in Amsterdam. I'm a huge fashion lover, and I'm also a vegetarian, a crazy cat lady, an interior and pancake junkie, and I'm all about living a green and cruelty-free lifestyle!
Hit the about page if you would like to know more! :-)
May 30, 2012
Last friday I found out that Sal of the blog Little girl, big thoughts tagged me in this ‘Get To Know Me’ game. I’m really flattered that she chose me as one of the bloggers she would like to know more about!
So, here’s how it works.
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on the blog.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you , as well as, creating your own eleven for the people you will tag.
3. Choose eleven people and link them in your blog.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tags back.
6. You legitimately have to tag.
Facts about me:
1. I’m one of Caro Emerald’s biggest fans!
2. Everytime someone uses the proverb “You can’t compare apples to oranges” I tell them you actually can. It makes no sense, but you can. Comparing things means that you’re looking for the differences and similarities of the two. So, when comparing an orange to an apple your conclusion could be that they’re both fruits, the orange has a rounder shape and they don’t taste the same. There’s absolutely no sense in doing this, but it’s possible!
3. I wear heels almost every day. Every outfit just seems so much more perfect with heels than with flats.
4. I really don’t like to wear sneakers. For some reason I just feel very unhappy when wearing them and I think they look weird on me as well. For the record, there’s nothing wrong about sneakers. I love them on other people, but just not for me.
5. I’m really bad at throwing things in the right direction. Back in highschool when we would have gymnastics class and I had to throw a ball, it would never follow the direction I had in mind.
6. I’m pretty good at mathematics. Now I tutor high school students in mathematics and economics.
7. I’m a red head and because of that I have a very pale skin and I don’t tan. Every summer just random people on the street decide to share their opinion on my pale legs. Honest quotes from strangers (translated from Dutch):
“Damn, your legs are so white, it just hurts my eyes!”
“Never heard of a sunbed?”
“Look at those milk bottles!”
8. I tend to have phases in which I almost only drink one drink. After a few weeks it’s usually over and I have another favorite drink.
9. I started collecting music on vinyl about a year ago and bought a record player. Collection is getting bigger and bigger!
Sal’s questions for me & my answers:
1. What’s your favorite food?
My all time favorite combination of flavours is eggplant, tomato, mozzarella and basil. Every dish that combines these 4 ingredients is my favorite dish!
2. Who do you find the most inspiring person?
Caro Emerald. I really love her clothing style and at first of course her amazing music! Everything just seems to be right about this woman.
3. If there’s something in your life that you can change, what would it be?
That I wouldn’t be such a doubter. I doubt so many things and I don’t really need to. But I’m very happy about my life!
4. How’s your relation with your siblings, if you have any?
I have a younger brother and a younger sister. I have good relations with them both. We argue at times, but hey that’s what siblings do! In the end we love each other very much.
5. What’s your favourite piece of clothing and why?
Umm yeah, not sure if a purse counts as a piece of clothing, but the first thing that came to my mind was my red vintage purse. You can see it in a lot of my earlier outfits. I use it so often. It looks small, but I can put so much stuff in it! And it’s just a beautiful purse!
6. Name three things that you must have done before you die.
1) Go on a rocket trip into space.
2) Buy an excessively expensive piece of clothing or accessory that I’ve fallen deeply in love with.
3) Go to the airport, find out what destinations they have tickets for that I can still go to today and just randomly choose one.
7. How often do you have ‘no makeup-days’?
I guess every week I have one. It happens a lot that I don’t have to go outside until later in the day and I have like a half no make-up day.
8. What’s your addiction?
I don’t really think I have one. Facebook should be close though, haha! But it’s not like I’m incapable of not checking Facebook for a day. So I don’t really feel like I’m addicted.
9. Which celebrity do you find most annoying?
That’s so hard… I don’t get annoyed by celebrities too easily, because when I find them annoying I just switch channels.
10. Which series do you watch?
At the moment I don’t really watch series that are on now. I mostly watch old series. I love ‘Gooische Vrouwen’, ‘Kinderen Geen Bezwaar’, ‘Sam Sam’ and ‘Kees en Co’. Which are all Dutch comedies in different ways.
1. What is your most valuable possession looking at emotional value?
2. Who inspires you and why?
3. What would you do with an excessively huge amount of money?
4. What is your favorite holiday destination?
5. What is on your wishlist that you’re not ever going to be able to afford?
6. What would you like to accomplish in the future?
7. Do you have siblings?
8. Do you have pets? If so, what kind of pets?
9. What school are you in / have you done / do you want to go to?
10. Do you have any strange tics you don’t mind to share?
11. What was/is your favorite subject at school? (Breaks excluded)
So, that was my first ever tag! Did you like reading this or don’t you enjoy posts like this? Let me know!