Hello there!I'm Sonja, a fashion loving Dutchie living in Amsterdam. I'm a huge fashion lover, and I'm also a vegetarian, a crazy cat lady, an interior and pancake junkie, and I'm all about living a green and cruelty-free lifestyle!
Hit the about page if you would like to know more! :-)
October 23, 2012
Today is tag time! I’ve actually gotten 3 tags in the past 2 weeks, but doing all of them seems a bit too much, haha! I received this Liebster Award from Denna (first on the list, I’m flattered!) and also from Simone.
- Tell 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions
- Tag new bloggers and think of 11 questions for them to answer
The 11 facts
- Everytime I need to go studying I tend to go online shopping.
- I’m addicted to three Dutch comedy series. Two of them are already about 10 years old, but I just get so nostalgic watching them. Plus, they really make me laugh. The titles: SamSam, Kinderen Geen Bezwaar and Kees & Co.
- I hardly ever watch TV. Most shows are just not worth my time, haha! I’d rather spend my time checking out blogs.
- Until very recently I didn’t like Sting, because I thought he wasn’t a kind person. I had to change my statement regarding him and two of my latest contributions to my vinyl collection are now albums of The Police. But admitting your wrongs makes you a strong person right?
- My favorite cocktail is Sex On The Beach. Gets kind of awkward sometimes when ordering that…
- My biggest music wish is for Elvis Presley to come back in this world so I can attend one of his concerts.
- I have a cat named Pieter. He’s really huge for a cat. He terrorizes all the cats in the neighborhood by attacking them when he sees them. To us, his family, he’s really sweet.
- Houndstooth is my all time favorite pattern. Therefore I’m very ecstatic that it’s coming back in fashion, because now I can buy a lot of houndstooth printed items again!
- I have a thing for eastern fans. I have one enormous fans with a span of over 2 meters on one of my walls and on another wall one with a span of 1 meter and a regular sized one.
- To me, one of the best things of fall/winter is that Glühwein is available in the grocery stores again.
- Once I get a place for my own (and have lots of money) I want to decorate my kitchen (and actually my entire house) 50s style!
I’m always very flattered when I get one of these awards, but sometimes I even get them from people who don’t follow me and then I kind of get the feeling they couldn’t come up with enough bloggers to tag and eventually found me. Haha!
Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I like getting inspired by other bloggers and I liked the idea of maybe inspiring other people with my blog as well.
Who is your favourite designer?
This changes all the time, but right now I’m very much in love with the new spring/summer collection of Louis Vuitton.
Who is your style icon?
All glamorous 50s women are my style icons.
What item in your closet do you like the most?
My favorite item all over is my Guardian Angel Shoulderbag by Vlieger & Vandam!
Jewellery or no jewellery?
Jewellery can really make an outfit so yes, jewellery. But for some outfits less is more really holds, so it just depends on the outfit I think.
Oooh, I’m so weird, but I don’t really have one! I like a lot of movies, but there’s just never one that really stands out. The last movie I liked very much was Midnight In Paris.
Do you prefer gold or silver?
I think gold looks better on me, but it really just depends on the item and the outfit what looks better.
If you had to describe yourself in 3 words what would you say?
Loving, honest, enthusiastic
What would your speech be if you won something grand?
Haha, that’s a great question! Would very much depend on what I won. But let’s dream and say it’ll be fashion related. I would probably tell a story how I got where I was at that moment and how grateful I am of course!
Who are your favourite bloggers?
I really like the Freelancer’s Fashionblog, Le Dressing de Leeloo, Her Phoenix, Fifties Darling, J’adore Fashion, It’s Not Her It’s Me and of course my tagster Denna Michelle!
My 11 questions
What is your favorite trend at the moment?
Do you have a favorite drink?
Do you have any pets?
What are you addicted to?
What is your quilty pleasure?
What kind of music do you listen to?
What’s on your bucketlist?
Do you collect anything and if so, what?
Who are your favorite bloggers?
What do you hope your visitors learn from your blog?
What are you most proud of?
A Fashion Way Of Life
It’s Not Her, It’s Me
Little Girl, Big Thoughts
Made By Carlijn
Oh My Owl
Swallows and Bows