Hello there!I'm Sonja, a fashion loving Dutchie living in Amsterdam. I'm a huge fashion lover, and I'm also a vegetarian, a crazy cat lady, an interior and pancake junkie, and I'm all about living a green and cruelty-free lifestyle!
Hit the about page if you would like to know more! :-)
April 30, 2015
Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /customers/5/c/4/retrosonja.com/httpd.www/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-23-related-posts-plugin/init.php on line 205 Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /customers/5/c/4/retrosonja.com/httpd.www/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-23-related-posts-plugin/recommendations.php on line 264
The last few days, the weather here in the Netherlands hasn’t been too warm. However, since the great weather we experienced the past few weeks, I’m still really in the mood for sunny spring outfits! And I thought you might too ;-) So, I came up with 11 ways to wear spring outfits and stay warm at the same time! I hope you like it!
- Belt over scarf: to add some extra warmth, you can wear a scarf over your top and add a belt to it, to make it look like a long top. If you choose a colourful one, this is a great way of adding some colour to your outfit and stay warm at the same time.
- A thick scarf over a (faux) leather jacket: ever since spring kicked in, I’ve been feeling like wearing my faux leather jacket all the time. Unfortunately, the spring weather here isn’t always warm enough for that. So, I wear a thick scarf with it! Usually in spring, I would go for a really thin scarf, or none at all. But on the less warm days, when you do really want to wear your (faux) leather jacket, a thick scarf can be a great solution!
- Wear a cropped cardigan underneath your (faux) leather or denim jacket: for the same reason as above. Noone will notice that you’re wearing a cardigan underneath your jacket, when it’s a cropped one!
- Wear a faux fur gilet over your jacket: works the same as the belt over scarf. It gives your body some extra warmth, so you’re able to wear your beloved spring jacket on a less warm day!
- Wear a (thick) cardigan over a summer dress: when you already really feel like wearing your summer dresses, but it’s still too cold, just layer it up with a (thick) cardigan! You can even wear a belt over it, to accentuate your waist!
- Seamed tights: these are my outfit savers, especially in spring! When spring kicks in, I start feeling like my black tights are too dark. Bare legs are still not an option, so the perfect compromise is to wear nude coloured seam tights! I prefer seamed tights or nude polka dot tights to regular nude tights, because they also add a little something extra to your outfit.
- Go for bare ankles or bare feet, instead of both: I know, as soon as the sun comes out, it’s really tempting to go for bare ankles and wear your favorite pair of strappy heeled sandals. But in my experience, mainly in the beginning of spring, this usually turned out to be a mistake. Now, I usually choose to either wear bare ankles (with closed shoes or only slightly perforated shoes) or wear long pants with open sandals. This way, you only have a small bare part and you won’t get cold!
- Wear some cute socks: I really recommend getting some nice pairs of cute socks for less warm spring days. I own a black pair with white polka dots, a pair with sheer stripes, a sheer pair with black polka dots, thicker off white woolen ones and a light grey crochet pair. And I love to wear them on less warm spring days! They add a little extra warmth to your ankles, and a little extra something to your outfit as well! I personally mostly like to wear them in closed toe heeled sandals with an ankle strap (see the picture below) or in ankle boots.
- Over knee socks: I recently posted my first outfit with over knee socks. I actually really felt like wearing the dress from that outfit with bare legs, but the weather didn’t aprove of that. Over knee socks were the solution! This is mostly really nice with short skirts and dresses. It looks really cute and it’s really warm! A great solution to wear your short summer dresses already!
- Wear long boots: these can be knee boots or over knee boots. Either way, a much bigger part of your leg will be covered and you’ll be less likely to feel cold! Last year, I wore an outfit with shorts, bare legs and knee boots. It was a sunny day, but not really warm enough to wear full bare legs. The long boots made it possible to go bare legged anyway!
- Wear a legging underneath your long skirt: last monday it was Kingsday in the Netherlands, and I already had my outfit in mind for weeks! The outfit entailed a calf length skirt, crop top and open sandals. The weather was pretty sunny, but only about 15 degrees Celcius. As the skirt was pretty long, I was able to wear over knee leggings underneath it. This made the entire look so much warmer! So this one is really recommended! With maxi skirts and dresses you can even wear full length leggings underneath!
So, what do you think of these ideas? Do you have any favorites? Or any additions I should know about? I’m always up for new outfit ideas!