Hello there!I'm Sonja, a fashion loving Dutchie living in Amsterdam. I'm a huge fashion lover, and I'm also a vegetarian, a crazy cat lady, an interior and pancake junkie, and I'm all about living a green and cruelty-free lifestyle!
Hit the about page if you would like to know more! :-)
February 23, 2016
Today I have another recipe for you! This time, it’s a healthy vegan lentil dish, with carrots, cherry tomatoes, and grilled eggplant and yellow bell pepper. Very healthy, and it also tastes good! I made it with puy lentils, because I had these left over. But you could also make this recipe with canned lentils, which will also be much quicker to make, as you will only have to heat them, instead of cook them. Also, you could add some goat cheese on top when your done, for some extra flavour. But then it obviously wouldn’t be vegan anymore ;-) By the way, I looooove eggplant. Especially when it’s grilled, so in this recipe I obviously decided to grill the eggplant slices. Does this sound yummy to you? Then keep on reading for the recipe! :-)
Time: 30-40 minutes
For 2 persons
150 grams puy lentils (In case you’re using canned lentils, you can skip the step of cooking them.)
250 grams carrots
1 yellow bell pepper
half an eggplant
1 bay leaf
veggie broth cube
How to make it?
1) Bring water to boil, and dissolve the broth cube in it, and add the bay leaf. Cook the lentils in it for about 30 minutes.
2) Cut the carrots into small pieces. You can add these to the lentils after 20 minutes, such that the carrots cook for the last 10 minutes.
3) Cut the eggplant in thin slices of about half a centimeter.
4) Chop the yellow bell pepper into pieces.
5) Grease the eggplant and bell pepper on both sides with a tiny bit of olive oil. I used a basting brush for this, but you can also put some olive oil in a cup and carfully sprinkle the olive oil on the veggies by using your fingers.
6) Grill the eggplant and bell pepper on a contact grill, or in a grill pan. I used a contact grill.
7) Add the carrot dices to the lentils, such that they are cooked for 10 minutes along with the lentils.
8) When the lentils are done, poor the lentils and carrots in a colander.
9) Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, and mix them with the lentils and carrots.
10) Divide the lentil mixture on the plates, and add the grilled bell pepper and eggplant on top.
What do you think of this healthy vegan recipe? And in case you’re going to make it, I would love to hear what you think of it afterwards!
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)