Hello there!I'm Sonja, a fashion loving Dutchie living in Amsterdam. I'm a huge fashion lover, and I'm also a vegetarian, a crazy cat lady, an interior and pancake junkie, and I'm all about living a green and cruelty-free lifestyle!
Hit the about page if you would like to know more! :-)
February 9, 2016
I’ve eaten thin sliced marinated sauteed tofu a few times now in restaurants. And every time I loved it so much, that I decided to make a recipe with it myself! Last week, the broccoli was discounted at my grocery store, so I made up the rest of the dish around the broccoli. It turned out to be an Eastern-inspired recipe, with marinade with a soy sauce base, sauteed vegetables, and rice. My boyfriend and I both really loved it! And I even forgot to use two ingredients I had planned to use, haha! It’s not difficult and also not a lot of work, but it does take quite some extra time because you have to let the tofu dry, and afterwards let it marinate. So you have to take that into account if you want to eat at a certain time, but if you do you will have extra tasty tofu! And this recipe is vegan too! So, if this sounds good to you, keep on reading for the ingredients and how to make it!
Time: 40-50 minutes of work + 1,5 hours for drying and marinating the tofu
For 2 persons
Block of bio tofu
100g rice (I went for brown rice)
1 red pepper
1 red onion
2 spring onions
For the marinade:
5 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove of garlic
1/2 teaspoon sambal
What I forgot (so optional):
What to do?
1) Get the tofu out of the packaging and lay it in between a clean kitchen towel (or on 2 paper towels, and 2 paper towels on top). Then put something heavy on it, like a pan or baking dish, and leave this for about 30 minutes. Doing this will make the tofu soak up the marinade better later.
2) Cut the tofu in slices of about 1/2 to 1 cm thick x 3 cm x 6 cm.
3) Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and fry the tofu slices until they’re a bit crispy.
4) Now it’s time to make the marinade, by mixing all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
5) Put the tofu in a bowl and add the marinade. Leave this for 1 hour (or at least 30 minutes in case you’re in a hurry).
6) Bring some water to boil, and cook the rice as long as stated on the packaging.
7) Cut the red onion in half rings, and the spring onion in rings.
8) Heat some olive oil in a saute pan and saute the onions.
9) Meanwhile, cut the broccoli in small florets, and add these.
10) Cut the red pepper in medium size pieces (about 2 x 2 cm) and add this as well.
11) Keep stir-frying the vegetables until the broccoli is soft enough to eat, and all the vegetables are done.
12) Meanwhile, the tofu is done marinating, and it’s time to bake it again in a frying pan, such that it will be warm and gets an extra crispy crust.
13) When all of this is done, you scoop the rice onto the plates, then the vegetables, and then divide the tofu on the plates.
So, what do you think of this recipe? Are you going to try it? If you do, I would love to hear whether you liked it! :D
(Visited 10 times, 1 visits today)