Hello there!I'm Sonja, a fashion loving Dutchie living in Amsterdam. I'm a huge fashion lover, and I'm also a vegetarian, a crazy cat lady, an interior and pancake junkie, and I'm all about living a green and cruelty-free lifestyle!
Hit the about page if you would like to know more! :-)
February 16, 2016
Today, I have a new vegan recipe for you! I had sweet potatoes left over from another recipe, and I felt like having wraps for dinner. So I came up with some other ingredients to go with the sweet potato, and made a wrap with that. Eventually it turned out to be a very healthy vegan wrap! I stir fried the sweet potato, which I personally really liked. And next to that, I put in black beans, raw bell pepper, red onion and baby spinach, and some fresh guacemole and fresh coriander. I actually just had the coriander left over, so I decided to just put it in and see what happened. But it was actually a very nice detail! Well, off to the recipe!
Time: +/- 30 minutes
For 2 persons (4 wraps in total)
2 sweet potatoes
200 grams black beans (can)
1 red bell pepper
1 red onion
(baby) spinach (a few hands full)
clove of garlic
lemon juice / lime juice
How to make them?
1. Wash the sweet potatoes. There is no need to peel them.
2. Cut the sweet potatoes in slices of about 1 cm.
3. Stir fry the sweet potatoes in some olive oil. They’re done when they’re soft inside.
4. Cut the bell pepper in strips.
5. Cut the red onion in small pieces.
6. Poor the black beans in a colander and carefully rinse them with water.
7. Make the guacemole by putting the avocado in a blender, along with 1 crushed clove of garlic, a little bit of lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
8. Cut the coriander.
9. Warm up the wraps as stated on the package. I used the microwave.
10. Divide the guacemole on the wraps and spread it out. Then divide the spinach, the bell pepper, black beans and red onion, and end with the sweet potato and coriander. It’s kind of hard to roll them up, because of the big amount of filling. As a solution to this, I made sure the opening was on the bottom, and put two skwers in them. This way it’s also easier to cut them while eating.
Bon appétit! These wraps were super easy to make, delicious, and also super healthy! I will definitely make these again. And in case you’re going to make them too, I would love to hear what you think afterwards! :-)
(Visited 16 times, 1 visits today)