Hello there!I'm Sonja, a fashion loving Dutchie living in Amsterdam. I'm a huge fashion lover, and I'm also a vegetarian, a crazy cat lady, an interior and pancake junkie, and I'm all about living a green and cruelty-free lifestyle!
Hit the about page if you would like to know more! :-)
April 12, 2016
Last Sunday, you could see this falafel salad in my Vegan Challenge food diary. My boyfriend and I both really loved this one, so I’m sure I will be making it again. And so, I also had to share this recipe with you! I made a maple syrup-mustard dressing, instead of a honey-mustard dressing, and it actually tasted exactly the same. It’s mostly about that sweet touch, it adds to the mustard, which I really love! Next to falafel, there’s also baby spinach, carrots, cauliflower, cucumber, and pommegranate seeds in this salad. Really healthy, also quite filling because of the falafel, and also really tasty! So, if you happen to feel like making a salad any time this week, I would definitely try this one! :-)
Time: 20 minutes
For 2 persons
– 100 grams baby spinach
– 3 carrots
– 1/3 of a cauliflower
– 1/3 of a cucumber
– 100 grams pommegranate seeds (I got frozen ones)
– 2 teaspoons mustard
– 2 teaspoons maple syrup
How to make it?
1) Cut 1/3 of a cauliflower into florets, and sauté these 5 to 10 minutes. Make sure you stir enough, to avoid the florets from getting burned.
2) Cut all three carrots in three, and cut all these pieces in thin slices lengthwise.
3) Sauté the carrot slices about 5 minutes.
4) At the same time, fry the falafel in a frying pan.
5) If you also have pommegranate seeds from the freezer, defrost them in the microwave.
6) Cut 1/3 of a cucumber lengthwise in 4 quarters, and cut these quarters in slices.
7) Make the dressing by mixing the mustard and maple syrup.
8) Mix the baby spinach and dressing together in a bowl.
9) Divide the baby spinach on the plates, divide the carrot, cucumber and cauliflower on this, and finish with the falafel and pommegranate seeds.
So, what do you think of this salad? Me and my boyfriend both loved it, so I’m definitely going to make it again! In case you would make it, I would love to hear what you think of it! :D