Hello there!I'm Sonja, a fashion loving Dutchie living in Amsterdam. I'm a huge fashion lover, and I'm also a vegetarian, a crazy cat lady, an interior and pancake junkie, and I'm all about living a green and cruelty-free lifestyle!
Hit the about page if you would like to know more! :-)
October 9, 2017
I have a new recipe for you! And this time it’s a dinner recipe! My boyfriend and I are vegetarians, but we also eat vegan very often. So today’s recipe is a simple vegan one! Every once and a while I buy these ‘Chicken Tandoori’ boxes from a Dutch brand. It’s actually a quilty pleasure, because it’s one of those quick-to-make things from the grocery store, which are not too healthy because of all the preservatives. We actually don’t use those normally, but we make an exception for this one. We eat it with veggie chicken from the ‘Vegetarian Butcher’. Yummm! But they always put waaaay too much rice in the package. So that’s why we now have a collection of yellow rice bags, haha! Time to use it up in different recipes! I came up with a combo with spinach, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms and cashewnuts. Actually also very simple and quickly made, but also very good! Of course you can also make this recipe with white rice, or couscous or bulgur. Whatever you like! Does this sound good to you? Then read on for the recipe!
Ingredients (for 2 persons):
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 of a jar of sundried tomatoes
- 4 table spoons of oil from the sundried tomatoes jar
- 200 gram fresh spinach
- 250 gram mushrooms
- 100 gram rice
- Hand full of cashewnuts
Zo maak je het:
- Cook the rice as long as stated on the packaging.
- Shred the onion and garlic cloves.
- Heat the sundried tomato oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic.
- Add the mushrooms and sundried tomatoes, and fry them until the mushrooms are done.
- Add the spinach, and cook until fully shrunk.
- Finally, add the cashewnuts and cook them shortly to make sure they are also warm.
- Put the rice on the plates, and top it with the spinach and sundried tomato mixture.
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)